Analyst, Finance & Analytics – Chicago, IL at Grubhub
Grubhub is looking to hire a Analyst, Finance & Analytics in US-IL-Chicago, refer below job role to apply Grubhub Careers
Job Location : US-IL-Chicago
Job ID : 2022-13704
Category : Finance & Analytics
About The Opportunity
We’re all about connecting hungry diners with our network of over 300,000 restaurants nationwide. Innovative technology, user-friendly platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities set us apart and make us an industry leader in the world of online food ordering. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
Grubhub is a place where authentically fun culture meets innovation and teamwork. We believe in empowering people and opening doors for new opportunities. If you’re looking for a place that values strong relationships, embraces diverse ideas–all while having fun together–Grubhub is the place for you!
Grubhub is looking for an innately-curious, data-driven, self-starting Financial Analyst. The Finance team is the analytical engine of the company – we surface insights that drive strategy and optimal decision making for leaders across the organization. In this role, you will develop an understanding of the business and use that understanding to provide visibility into Grubhub’s financial and operational performance. You will partner with various teams, working to dig into trends, surface value-creating opportunities and help figure out how to implement them. You will also help drive departmental FP&A activities – budgeting/forecasting, reporting and variance analyses.
To succeed in this role, you must be comfortable with ambiguity, be able to juggle multiple priorities and be adept at driving decisions across multiple constituents.
The Impact You Will Make
- Build and implement financial models to forecast business units as part of the Finance team’s weekly, monthly, and annual planning cycles.
- Develop and monitor KPIs and business drivers, highlighting trends and analyzing underlying causes of forecast variances.
- Using SQL, leverage large, potentially messy data sets to derive insights and reporting that will drive better business decisions.
- Structure and analyze ambiguous problems, creating quantifiable answers to surface business recommendations.
- Work cross-functionally within Finance – FP&A/data science/analytics – and collaborate with stakeholders from across the organization including Tech and Product to ensure teams are prepared to execute on company initiatives and hit financial targets
- Be curious! Find data nuggets, trends and other analytical goodies that help us grow faster and generate more profit for the company
What You Bring to the Table
- Undergraduate degree, preferably in an analytical field
- 1-3 years experience in FP&A, corporate finance, analytics, and/or related fields (investment banking, consulting, investing, etc.).
- Strong analytical skills with an ability to dive deep, summarize, and communicate important data
- Ability to balance attention to detail with expeditious execution
- Ability to develop cross-functional relationships and communicate with senior leadership
- Solid understanding of financial statements
- Good understanding of capacity and headcount planning
- Advanced Microsoft Excel (e.g. pivot tables, index matches, data cleaning, and model building)
- SQL and/or Tableau highly desirable
- Anaplan experience a plus
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. Grubhub employees enjoy a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Health and Wellness. Excellent medical benefits, employee network groups and paid parental leave are just a few of our programs to support your overall well-being.
- Competitive Pay. You’ll receive a competitive base salary with eligibility for generous incentives, bonuses, commission or RSUs (role-specific).
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. We empower you to be a leader and grow your career through training, coaching and mentorship opportunities.
- MealPerks. Get meals on us! Our employees get a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives like Wellness Wednesdays, Slack competitions and virtual happy hours!
- Social Impact. At Grubhub we believe in giving back through programs like the Grubhub Community Relief Fund and donating $1 million to the Equal Justice Initiative in 2020. Employees are also given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
Vaccination Requirement: Grubhub employees are required to be fully vaccinated. Candidates must confirm vaccination status at time of hire, and must provide proof of full-Covid-19 vaccination within 2 weeks of starting employment. Fully vaccinated is defined as: “2 weeks have passed since your second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s vaccine.
Apply : Interested candidates can submit job application here