Sr. Linux Engineer – Partial Remote – LOUISVILLE, KY
Pizzahut is looking to hire Senior Sr. Linux Engineer – Partial Remote Job, who can work from LOUISVILLE, KY USA. Refer below job details to submit job application at Pizzahut.
Post: Sr. Linux Engineer – Partial Remote Job
Work Location : LOUISVILLE, KY
We are in the process of evolving our Restaurant Computing, Cloud Computing, SysAdmin, and Performance Testing teams into a singular SRE Division. We need someone with strong Linux system administration experience to join our Restaurant Technology SRE team. This role will be accountable for maintaining the Linux Operating System for restaurant applications, which includes remote management of several types of PC-class machines and their peripherals.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be involved in the establishment of an SRE organization. You’ll join a team where your engineering peers share your goals and will support your efforts. The work you do will be meaningful. Not only will you directly impact the reliability of our restaurant systems, but you will also contribute to improving our Engineering processes.
You will be a member of a team of 6 people initially and work closely with your SRE peers and Product Owners.
- Design, develop, and test OS-level updates on various Linux systems running Ubuntu.
- Integrate with 3rd Party security solutions, such as endpoint protection, encryption key management, and SIEM solutions.
- Evaluate and configure new hardware peripherals for use in the restaurant, such as printers, point-of-sale terminals, cash registers, credit card readers, and biometric devices.
- Work with software application developers to architect, configure, and troubleshoot OS-level integration points.
- Automate tasks related to configuration, implementation, and support processes.
Required Knowledge and Skill
- 5+ years of experience in Linux OS systems support/administration. Experience with Ubuntu in a large remote environment is desired.
- Strong Bash scripting experience. Experience in Python, Docker, NginX, and Node.js is a plus.
- Knowledge of security concepts on Linux. These concepts may include data encryption methods, LDAP, PAM, Apparmor and/or SELinux, anti-virus tools, security logging and monitoring, user account configurations, firewalls, and web browser policies.
- Experience with Bitbucket, GitHub, or other version control technologies is required.
- Experience with any of the following is a plus: drbd, LVM, boot methods (grub/UEFI), Linux system startup processes (system/init), migration of Linux systems to an AWS Cloud, implementing DevOps (CI/CD) pipelines, configuring hardware and display devices on Linux.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
Apply : Interested cadidates can apply here